Monday, 23 June 2014

Macabre Monday-666 The Number of the Beast Week 2.

Yes, you read the title correctly.
We are celebrating how close we are to 666 followers of
our quaint little, dark sided challenge blog here.
There are now 666 + 1 beasties who follow our blog! Wow!
Thank you to everyone who stops by, comments, and even dares to
play with us. We appreciate you all, and look forward to spreading
the word of the "dark artist", to all who will listen. 
Join us, if you dare!

So to truly celebrate, we are having a 
Number of the Beast 
themed challenge this fortnight.  

Hey! Where is everybody?
Did some devil horns scare everyone away?
So far only one of you has been brave enough to play with us
for this challenge.
Now not to mess up her gig here, but we have LOTS of
marvelously macabre prizes to share with the winners of this
challenge. If there is only one winner, she gets it all!
I'm talking about free digis from Smeared Ink, a creepy grab bag from
me (Creepy Glowbugg), handmade items and goodies from the Minions,
a killer digi from Delicious Darkness, plus extra schtuff still to be determined.

Bring out yer beasties and yer monsties! You could even use the number
six (or multiple sixes) in your project, or make an Iron Maiden project as well.
It's up to you. Interpret the theme as you like, but remember to keep it
creepy, dark, Gothic, Steampunk, or Hallowe'en in nature. 
So onto my little contribution. As many of my close friends know I am a Mahoosive Iron Maiden fan. I have been following this group around since the early seventies and they just get better with age. I decided to create a devilishly little notebook. I started out by measuring some 300gsm cardstock to cover the notebook. This was then embossed using a spellbinders 3d embossing folder and glued to the front and back covers of the notebook.The covers were then given a couple of coats of DecoArt Lamp Black Acrylic paint and allowed to dry. I then cast three Eddie Heads ( Iron Maidens Mascot Eddie the Head ) using techniques learnt in Andy Skinners Outcasts online Workshop. Once dry these were then given a coat of DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic paint and once dry, drybrushed using DecoArt Americana Dazzling Metallics acrylic paint in silver to give the effect of Pewter. A circle mount was cut from chipboard and painted and my Eddies were strategically placed. Chipboard number 6's three of course were then cut and painted with DecoArt Americana Acrylic paint in True Red and strategically placed in between the Eddie's. This was then attached to the front cover of the notebook.  couple of coats of DecoArt  spray sealer/finisher in matte was then applied to the whole ook to seal and protect which also leaves a soft sheen finish. There you have it.
The Number of the Beast Notebook. 

Hope you will join us over at Haunted Design House and take part in this special challenge as there are some awesome prizes to be had.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.

1 comment:

  1. So freakin' Fabulous, Fiona! (Say that 3 times fast, LOL) Absolutely amazing and I adore the matte black and how you've highlighted the heads. AMAZING! xxD