Monday 2 June 2014

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble. HDH Challenge #190.

Our new Macabre Monday challenge theme is
"Bubble, Bubble, Toil, and Trouble".
Hope you did some shopping, because it's a recipe challenge.
Your project must include the following ingredients: Black, Purple, Green, Metal and a flourish.
Now, toss them all together and make something creepy, spooky, and brilliant!
 
For my contribution to this weeks challenge I decided to make a Witches Rolodex. Even an old Hag has to keep track of her creepy friends Right!! I took an old hardback cover book and folded all the pages in half four at a time .When  complete you get the rolodex shape and you should end up with something like this..............
 
 
                                                           All book pages folded.

I then painted the edges of the hardback cover with some DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic paint. Whilst waiting for the paint to dry on the covers. I embossed some 300gsm black cardstock and applied Amethyst Gilding wax to get my Purple end covers. I then glued the end covers to the book covers after cutting to size. I then attached some antique gold chain to antique gold book corners. Adhered to each corner of the covers thus pulling the back cover into an upright position. I then fired up photoshop to create my divider tabs adorned with a flourish and names added. I also designed some photo cards with the recipients contact details added to the back. Printed and the cut out. Edged with black Archival ink and the strategically placed in the Rolodex. Some creepy cobwebs and a couple of spiders add the finishing touch. Forgot to add something green but hey I think it turned out just fine.
 
                                                              
Full Frontal View.

                                                               Side Angled View.
 
A fun project and I hope you will come join us in the dungeon to play over at Haunted Design House.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG !!! How amazingly brilliant. What an AWESOME idea and creation ..... gobsmacking !!! :-D
    (I hope I'm in there ? I see my WitchyMou hee hee )

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fangfrickin'tastic! I adore this amazing rolodex. How absolutely brillliant! All the details are so cool and I love the contact cards you've added. xxD

    ReplyDelete