Monday 19 May 2014

Macabre Monday #189 Ripped to Ribbons

 
 
Todays new challenge theme is
 
 " RIPPED TO RIBBONS"
 
The Dungeon has gone all fancy!
The Minions have festooned the dank hallways with
RIBBONS!!
That's right, ribbons.
 
So we want you to use 'em! any way you like ripped .torn, shredded or just as they are as long as there are ribbons to be seen.
 
Oh, remember to make it Hallowe'en or Gothically inspired.No sissy stuff here.
 
 
For my project I decided to create a large wooden Domino Book. I have had these wood blanks for quite awhile and decided to use some on this project. I painted the wood blanks with a coat of DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic paint to become the covers of my book. I then measured, scored and cut my base in black 300gsm card to become my base for the images to be attached which will form my pages for the book. I then fired up photoshop  to create my mini pages for the book. The images I chose came fom Itkupilli . I sized all the images I chose to use to fit my base card. Printed, cut and attached to the base card evenly spaced. I then folded the base card with the images attached concertina style. I attached black organza Ribbon to both book covers and then glued and attached my concertina base to each book cover.I then applied Judkins micro glaze to all images and front and back covers. Buffed to a shine which protects and waterproofs against any little spillages. Tied the ribbon ties in a bow which fastens the book closed.
 
 
FRONT VIEW OF BOOK.
 
                                                         SLIGHTLY ANGLED VIEW.
 
 
FULLY OPENED LAYING FLAT.
 
FULLY OPENED IN UPRIGHT POSITION.
 
A fun little project. I hope you will join us over at Haunted Design House and come play with us in the dungeon for the current challenge.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.


2 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty domino book, love what you made

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully haunting! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete