Monday 30 April 2012

Timeworn Techniques and The Alchemist.

You may remember a few posts back I commented that I had rediscovered getting messy with Paint. Well here is what I have been up to these past eight weeks. I have been taking an online workshop with Andy Skinner called Timeworn Techniques. Learning different Timeworn paint effects such as various stages of  rust,old tin, leather,chipped paint,aged ivory,burnt copper and copper patinas to name but a few. A whopping twenty techniques learnt plus a variety of texture techniques. All this culminating in a final altered art piece combining the techniques learnt. I had a total blast and I reccomend his courses without a shadow of a doubt.So may I introduce you to The Alchemist my finished altered art piece from the class.


                                                       
                                                               The Alchemist. 
                                                                      
                                                                 The Alchemist.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.oxoxoxo

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Fiona.. i LOVE the theme too.. it rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just can't find the perfect words for the creativity of this.
    I don't do much altered art but truly love it. This is awesome!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him, the top hat and goggles rock. great imagination and so rock and roll meats steam punk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Your Alchemist is still my Favorite.
    xoxo Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Know how much I love this!!! Awesome Fiona...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! LOVE your Alchemist.....I'm taking a class with Andy in a couple of weeks.....this makes me want it sooner:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fiona, this is AMAZING!!! You should be so proud and should definitely win the contest!!! Glad that you had fun in class. I love learning new techniques also.
    Hugs,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing and awesome piece of altered art Fiona! Just wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!!! Thom and I love Halloween! This is amazing!!!!!How Fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete